Kong Series K872
Ryval K872 Fixed Height Basketball Hoop.
The K872 basketball hoop is a regulation size goal that is a beast. An in-ground Fixed height basketball goal with a massive 8”x 8” hot dip galvanized seven (7) gauge pole. Also, Features 5’ of overhang and stainless-steel hardware making it a popular for large driveways, courts, parks, YMCA, playgrounds & schools. By directly connecting the triple spring breakaway rim to the lower structural arm on the basketball system, we ensure dunking will never effect the integrity of your backboard. All padding included so your Ryval Hoops basketball goal is ready for family friendly play or serious competition. This fixed height basketball hoop is covered by a Lifetime Dunk-Proof Warranty.
|Fixed Rim Height
The rim height is set after concrete to ensure accurate rim height.
|7 guage Steel Pole
The 7 gauge one-piece steel pole delivers maximum stability for gym quality rebounds.
|Triple Spring Competition Grade Break Away Rim w/Pro Tube™ Net Connector||Premium Backboard Design
1/2" Thick Tempered Glass Clear View backboard delivers a true gym quality bounce.
Free 1" Backboard Edge Padding
Free 2" Pole and Gusset Padding
| Premium Gusset Design
The pole is secured to the base plate with 8 gussets adding stability and reducing sway.
| XXL Stainless Hardware
Hardware is upgraded FREE to XXL Stainless Steel hardware ensuring maximum protection.
|Premium Rust Protection
Hot Dip Galvanized protective undercoat.
Premium Black Powder Coat finishing coat.
Institutional quality design made for schools, churches, neighborhood parks/playground.
|Massive Extension Arm
Allows for larger overhang distance to keeping players from stepping off the playing surface.
|Pole Size||8” x 8” with 7 gauge (3/16") steel thickness|
|Pole / Gusset Padding||Free 2" Thick Pole and Gusset Padding ($129 Value)|
|Flanged Base||14-1/8" Wide x 14-1/8" Long Base with 6"(Sides) and 11-1/2"(Front/Back) between Anchor Holes (Center to Center)|
|Flanged Base Holes||Slotted for minor adjustments|
|Gussets||8 Welded Gussets (2 on all 4 sides)|
|Backboard Size||72” x 42” x 1/2"|
|Backboard Glass||Tempered Glass|
|Backboard Frame Size||2" with 1/4" thickness|
|Backboard Frame Material||Aluminum with steel reinforcement|
|Rim Mounting Type||Through glass using grommets. No pressure on glass.|
|Glass Mounting||Encased in frame.|
|Backboard Padding||1” thick edge padding pre-installed on backboard|
|Overhang||5' from front of pole to front of backboard|
|Main Extension Arm||5" x 5" with 1/8" (11 gauge) steel thickness. 3" x 3" with 1/8" (11 gauge) steel thick "A" frame type secondary arm.|
|Type||Triple Spring Competition Grade Break Away Rim|
|Net Connection||Pro Tube™ Net Connector|
|Rim Mounting Type||Through glass using grommets. No pressure on glass|
|Hardware Protection||XXL Stainless Steel Hardware|
|Frame Protection Undercoat||Hot Dip Galvanized|
|Finish Coating||Premium Black Powder Coat|
|Moveable to new location||Yes, Just need a new J-Bolt Kit|
|J-Bolt Size||5/8" diameter 19" Long|
|Shipping Service||Standard Curbside Delivery|
|System Weight||628 lbs.|
|Shipping Weight||683 lbs.|
|Packaging||3 boxes on 2 pallets|
|Warranty Type||Lifetime Warranty|
|Dunking & Hanging||Warranty covers dunking & hanging|
1/2" Regulation Thickness Tempered Glass
• The Ryval glass backboards will not fog, cloud or scratch, which are characteristics of acrylic backboards. Structurally, the 1/2” tempered glass performs like gym style backboards in rebounding & game play.
72" x 42” Regulation Backboard Size
• Kong Series 72”x 42” backboards far outperform box store brands and are popular with homes that have large driveways, courts and are built for to handle commercial use. Same regulation dimension as high school gymnasiums, college and the pros.
5’ of Overhang
• Overhang is the distance between the front of the structural pole and the front of the backboard. Typically, more overhang space is desired to reduce the chance a player may run into the pole during play. The K872 backboard has an incredible extension of 5 feet from the post for improved safe play area and room for more basketball athletic moves.
Gym-Quality Ball Deflection & Rebounding
• Gymnasium quality rebound response for competitive play performance.
1" Thick Backboard Edge Padding
• ALL Ryval backboards come equipped ready to play with factory pre-installed safety backboard edge padding. The pre-installed padding also is added protection for the glass backboard during shipping.
Thick 7 Gauge Steel
• The Kong Series K872 massive one-piece 8”x 8” pole is 7-gauge (3/16”) steel and rust protected with a hot-dipped galvanized coating, then powder coated to support years of competitive play.
XXL Stainless Steel Hardware
• Exceptional resistance to corrosion, higher tensile strength than standard zinc coated hardware & aesthetically appealing. Ryval Hoops Exclusive Stainless Steel nylon locking nuts insure your goal hardware does not loosen with play over time.
8x8 One-Piece Heavy-Gauge Steel Pole
• Ryval only offers one-piece pole designs, lessens shake, sway & minimizing vibration.
8 Steel Welded Support Gussets
• The Kong Series Series 7-gauge pole is welded to base plate with 8 husky 3/8”steel gussets adding substantial stability. Gussets help to minimize vibration, pole shake.
9/16” inch Thick Base Plate
• The main pole is welded to industry leading 9/16” thick steel base plate. The base plate is the anchor point between the “J” bolt pier base & main structural pole.
Adjustable Slotted Base Plate
• The slotted holes allow for minor adjustment that often is needed to square-up your pole with your driveway or court, after concrete has set.
2” thick Arena styled Safety Pole Padding & Gusset Padding
• All weather custom fitted 2" thick high-density foam pole & gusset pad helps keeps players safe during aggressive competition. Secures with heavy-duty Velcro straps and is designed to cover the front and two sides of the main pole. Pyramid style gusset pad extends to cover base plate gusset area & j-bolt hardware.
Can I Take My Goal with Me if I Move?
• Ryval Hoop main pole base is fastened to 6 very large J-bolts that are in a concrete pier. You would only need to purchase a Ryval J-bolt ground anchor assembly kit for your new location. After some disassembly, you would un-bolt the goal from the J-bolts & move it to your new home.
Steel-Reinforced Ground Anchor Pier
• 4 pieces of 1/2” steel rebar is included to reinforce your concrete pier for a long-lasting solid base.
J-Bolts & Template Pier Installation
• The pole is anchored to the pier with 6 hardened zinc plated steel J-bolts. A steel template is included to insure the J-Bolts are set in the concrete perfectly and later will line up with the base of the pole.
Fine Calibration Leveling Nuts
• Eliminates the chance of a crooked or out of plumb pole that are traits of direct-burial pole and flange to flange mounted goal systems. Every Ryval goal pole can be installed to perfect plumb with fine adjustments that can be made with the J-bolt Leveling Nuts.
• 628 lbs.
Goal Shipping Weight
• 683 lbs.
Triple Spring Competition Grade Break Away Rim w/ProTube™ Net Connector
• Best in its class, superior to box store rims, meets NCAA and NFSHSA specifications. The three calibrated heavy springs are tuned for regulation competitive play and allow the rim to break away when 165lbs of pressure/force is applied. The rim will instantly spring back to the horizontal playing position when the player releases force on the rim. The rim is secured to the lower main structural arm with a heavy gauge 5mm thick mounting plate. The net securing feature, that is similar to the NBA, is designed for safer rim play, uses a nearly unseeable 16mm diameter Stainless Steel wire thru continuous tube to safely attach the nylon net so that there is nothing for players to catch their fingers on. A classic orange UV resistant durable powder coat finish protects your rim in all-weather conditions.
• 5/8" diameter solid steel ring is ready for years of dedicated practice & play.
ProTube™ Net Connector
• Eliminates the classic spiral net ties, a section of the net will never un-loop during play. Uses a nearly invisible continuous stainless steel wire thru tube to attach the net in place, eliminating anything for players to catch fingers on. This style of net attachment system is used in NBA & NCAA.
• Designed to last years in all climates.
Rigid Rim Ring
• Welded gussets support the regulation ring 50% of its circumference making it unbendable for any dunk.
Heavy Gauge Steel
• Ryval rims are built for the full force of your game.
• A baked-on UV resistant durable orange powder coat finish protects your rim from rust.
Innovative Rim Mounting
• The risk of breaking your tempered backboard glass is eliminated with a unique way of mounting the rim directly to the lower main structural arm, which takes all pressure from the rim and transfers it thru the arm to the main structural pole.
Standard Freight Delivery
• Standard curbside residential delivery in lower 48 states.
• Lift Gate service.
• Leaves warehouse in 2 to 3 business days.
• You will receive a tracking number same day your goal leaves warehouse.
• Delivery in 4-10 business days on average.
• Carrier will call and schedule delivery time for the curbside delivery.
• Shipment is fully insured for freight damage.
**Standard curbside residential delivery with lift gate service in the lower 48 states. Standard delivery service does not include Special Delivery Services. Scheduled delivery appointment and adult signature is required. Some Restrictions do apply. Contact us for details and pricing for Special Delivery Services.**
We're currently collecting product reviews for this item. In the meantime, here are some reviews from our past customers sharing their overall shopping experience.